Help us raise awareness and funds for lower limb conditions
Click on the logos to find out about our main awareness campaigns and how you can get involved, or read on below to find out why these campaigns are so important.
What are our awareness campaigns?
Each year, in the weeks leading up to our awareness campaigns, we encourage all of you to take part in our amazing activities – these are opportunities for families and individuals, health professionals and friends all over the World to take part in activities to raise money and awareness for Steps Charity and the conditions we support.
We’ve come a long way in raising awareness since 1980 but there’s still more to be done until everyone understands lower limb conditions. We need your support to raise vital funds to ensure that;
- Every person impacted by childhood lower limb condition obtains the best possible treatment, support and information;
- Every person is aware of the options available, has clear facts about the likely prognosis of treatment methods and what they entail;
- Clear guidelines are available to anyone; from early detection through pregnancy, early months and treatment;
- Adequate training on the guidelines is provided to relevant health professionals worldwide;
- Adequate medical equipment is available to health professionals to provide the best possible care;
- Steps has the necessary funds to continue to operate a helpline, website and distribute booklets to support anyone affected by lower limb conditions;
- Steps continues to assist researchers investigating the challenges facing children and adults affected by lower limb conditions
- Steps continues to support the work of partner charities such as Global Clubfoot Initiative and the RUNFREE2030 campaign.
How you can help
- Change your social media profile pictures to help raise awareness and show your support to thousands of families, children and adults affected by lower limb conditions.
- Take part in our amazing challenges or raise money your own way, maybe at school or at work. Click here to view our fundraising guide, packed full of great ideas on how to raise money during our Awareness Weeks. And feel free to email our fantastic fundraising team, they will be happy to help you with your fundraising activities email@example.com.
- Share your stories and raise awareness. We would also love to share your stories, so please send them to us: they are a source of comfort and inspiration. You might also consider getting your story featured in a local magazine or newspaper or sending it to us to submit to our media contacts.