Are you a qualified Accountant / Treasurer?
Would you like to help support and give back to Steps Charity Worldwide by joining our Board of Trustees as Treasurer?
Steps are seeking a Treasurer – a qualified Accountant/Treasurer, ideally AMCT with an understanding of Charity SORP. This person will play a vital part in ensuring Steps can continue to provide essential services to families and those who are impacted by a lower limb condition.
You will lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled and invested in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements. You will have exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to ensure decisions are actioned in a timely manner. As a result of your time and expertise, Steps can rest assured that they have in place good governance and financial processes; and ensure all financial resources are utilised for the benefit of its cause.
This is a volunteer role, but all reasonable expenses are reimbursed. The role will provide you with a great deal of experience and satisfaction, and the opportunity to develop your skills and utilise your expertise and knowledge.
People from all backgrounds are welcomed, as Steps aspires to have a diverse board that reflects their service users and communities.
We are looking for:
· A qualified Accountant/Treasurer – chartered level preferred
· Ideally with some experience of working in the charities sector – not essential
· Ideally an Associate Member of Corporate Trustees – but not essential
· Auditing and risk management skills and experience
· Good understanding of Charity SORP
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Steps require a Treasurer to:
· Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
· Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
· Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
· Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
If you, or anyone you know, wants to give back to Steps and meet these criteria, please send your CV or find out more by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org